We care about protecting the personal information of our customers and visitors who use our websites, products or services (collectively, our “Users”).
This website is a project of Ondefo-forlag registered office at Sagvegen 1, 2840 Reinsvoll, Norway.
We, (our, us) process your personal data and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In the course of your use of the Services, we obtain the following information about you as described below.
SIGNING UP FOR SERVICES and USER INFORMATION
- Information you provide prior to any registration process, such as your email when you provide it to us;
- Information that you provide during any registration process, including in connection with a co-branded offer (such as your name, company name, email address, phone number, billing address or credit card information, geographic location and organization name), when you call or email us (for support or otherwise) or when you use our products or services; and
- Payment information that you provide to us (by way of our Services or otherwise) when you purchase some of our products and services, including credit card data.
USE OF SERVICES, WEBSITE VISITS AND SUPPORT
- Data relating to your online activity on our websites with respect to our Services, including the following:
- IP address
- browser type and version
- geographic location
- pages you view
- how you got to our Services and any links you click on to leave our Services
- when you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services
- metadata about your use and your contacts’ use of our Services and your emails you send (including clicks and opens)
- your interactions with any static assets such as but not limited to images, videos, documents, etc. we offer
- issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance
- any device or other methods of communication you use to interact with the Services
- We store this data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
- Information from third-party social networking sites, including information that social networking sites provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your picture, name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form).
- The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
- Information you provide to us at seminars or to our partners;
- Information you provide to us in surveys;
- Information that is publicly available; and
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We have a legitimate interest in running a successful and efficient business and in providing you with Services and useful content, and we use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
- To provide the requested Services to you;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our Services
- To offer and improve our Services;
- To provide you with requested information or technical support
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our Services;
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our Services (our use of your information to do this is performed with your consent where required by applicable law);
- To advertise and market third party products and services (such advertisement is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law)
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
- In connection with our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To communicate with you;
- To target prospective customers with our products or services (such targeting is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law);
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our Services to you; and
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymized formats to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND VENDORS
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties so that they can assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, fraud detection and deterrence or access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
If you purchase a product or service from a third party through one of our brands, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfil your order.
We also share non-personal information with certain third parties, including the media, industry observers, marketing and advertising partners, vendors, customers, potential customers or partners. For example, we disclose mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, or other similar sale transaction, your information will be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you by email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such transfer and any choices you may have regarding your information.
Lastly, if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
- violating our terms and conditions of use;
- causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
- violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
This disclosure can include transferring your information to the U.S. and other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, it is our policy to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not delete any record for archiving purpose.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
Prior to 25 May 2018, you have the following rights:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data we hold about you;
- To require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- To require us not to send you marketing communications;
- To request that we erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict our data processing activities in relation to your personal data;
- To receive from us the personal data we hold about you, which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of transmitting that personal data to another data controller; and
- To require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and requests may be refused where exceptions apply.
To initiate this process please contact our Customer Services, and they will record the immediate information we need and this will be followed up.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE BY OUR USERS
Some of our Services provide links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third-party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
You may also log in to some of our Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. For example, if you take advantage of certain of our social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs that run on our site, the applicable social networking sites may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable it to function properly.
Our Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
In order for us to provide the Services to you, your personal information is saved on a private server and Canada on various web hosting companies. Your personal data is also processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as in India and the U.S, who work for us or for one of our suppliers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.